Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hearing from God

Some people hear from God primarily directly - the Ramah word. It's amazing. They can hear direct words from God sometimes for themselves but mostly for others. Some people see and hear God through nature - Chief Big Pond from the Oklahoma indian reservation says he hears from God when He is out on the land. He has a direct respect for and contact with the land, which in turn, connects him to God. Some people hear God through music and can feel His presence through a 3-part harmony.

I used to be discouraged because I didn't hear from God in any of those ways. Occasionally, I will hear direct words or feel the presence from a song, but not like others. I wasn't designed to. I've often thought, wow, wouldn't it be nice to hear from God in the ways that others do. What I learned was that everyone hears from God in a completely different way. When we tap into that source of how we communicate with God, it can completely free us.

I hear from God when I study. When I read, write, and study, I feel God's presence. To give you an example, when I started writing this blog, I was writing about a completely different topic than "Hearing from God." I was actually going to start writing about fear. After I got done writing, I realized something new that God was showing me that I hadn't thought about before.

Additionally, I'm not a musician, a singer, a dancer, or anything else. I'm a connector. In the natural world, I figured out naturally how to put a computer together and understand it by looking at the different pieces that made it up. The same goes for the spiritual realm: I see different pieces that fit together and so when I plug one puzzle piece into another, the bigger picture is revealed.

Everyone has their resonance in God's kingdom. He designed us with a calling and purpose. We can't get bogged down by wishing that we flowed in another calling or heard from God differently. I've been there, done that, wrote the book, got the t-shirt. Rather, we have to be faithful in what God has shown us where our giftings lie and God will take care of the rest.

Disclaimer: The contents of this message are to be prayed over and tested by prayer and scripture. The contents of any blogs written are my best understanding of any knowledge I obtain. The contents of this message may come from a variety of sources including, but not limited to: books I have read, words from God, words I have heard, memories, experiences, and my own imagination. It is my intention to share what knowledge I have gleaned from all available sources and "connect the dots" between those points of knowledge. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment