Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Heart of the Vine

Here is something interesting I saw the other day in my reading time in the Bible in the morning. I was reading in Ezekial and I came across the verse Ezekial 11:19 which says:

"...And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh."

So, this verse kept on repeating through my mind and I was curious to see why I kept thinking about it. At the same time, I was thinking about God being the vine:

John 15:4-5
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
NASU

Then, as I was thinking about these two verses, I saw a picture of a vine in my mind and a branch coming off of that vine. I heard a question pop into my mind: "Where is the heart in this picture?" I knew immediately where it was in my mind's eye. It was at the point on the branch where it enters the vine. Then I heard "where is the mind in this picture?" I knew immediately it was where the twigs come off to produce the fruit.

This showed me a couple of things. The heart is the source for the nutrients of God. If the branch were stone at its base, then it would not receive nutrients. In the same way, the heart will not receive its nutrients from God if it is hardened. As the flesh is vulnerable so the heart must be vulnerable as well.

This also showed me something about the mind. In Eph 4:17-18, it says:

" walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart."
NASU

If the mind is futile, then it is a mind that doesn't bear fruit. It says that men are darkened in their understanding because of the hardness in their heart. Therefore,

IF THE HEART IS BLOCKED, THEN THE MIND CANNOT BEAR FRUIT.
IF THE MIND IS DARKENED, IT MEANS THAT THEIR HAS BEEN A HARDNESS OF HEART


John 15:6-9
"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
NASU

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are to be prayed over and tested by prayer and scripture. The contents of any blogs written are my best understanding of any knowledge I obtain. The contents of this message may come from a variety of sources including, but not limited to: books I have read, words from God, words I have heard, memories, experiences, and my own imagination. It is my intention to share what knowledge I have gleaned from all available sources and "connect the dots" between those points of knowledge. God Bless!*

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know some of the "other sources" you're studying in addition to the Bible if you can share with the posts that include some of that. :) I have read some Rick Joyner before (who I think you mentioned on a previous blog) and it's awesome to read someone's own take on how God spoke to them through such and then go read that person's revelations as well to -- it gets me inspired even more to dive into God's Word. :)

    ReplyDelete