Monday, February 9, 2009

Robert's Right Arm

Original Date: 2/9/09

God gave me an interesting image that popped into my head the other day that I thought I would share. I saw my friend Robert standing and his right arm was me. I myself was his right arm.

1. I thought about that and the verse popped into my head. Romans 12: 5 says - we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually MEMBERS OF ONE ANOTHER.

2. If then, I hit Robert, I as an arm, hit Robert, then I am hitting myself. If I call him stupid, then I'm calling myself stupid. If I insult him... you get the idea.

3. But also, it means this: If I insult myself by calling myself stupid, then I am calling Robert stupid. But if I, as an arm, am helping Robert, then I am helping myself and helping the entire body of Christ.

The image was completed today when I read about "Unity" in the book "50 days for a Firm Foundation." I saw as an image that Kim was the left arm.

4. Man and woman complete the image of one another. If men are not free, then women aren't free. In the same way, I wouldn't take one of my arms to bind and tie up the other.

5. I saw in my mind's eye Kim, as an arm, being shackled representing the women of this world being shackled. Men will not truly be free until women are. To free man and not woman is like freeing one arm and shackling the other.

6. Isaiah 65:8 says that "New wine is found in the cluster..." We are constantly looking for the new wine (new promises, new blessings) of God, yet God says it is in the cluster. That means the new promises of God are held within each other. Fellowship is the source for new blessings.

7. In the song by Casting Crowns called "If we are the body," they ask the question "If we are the body, why aren't his hands reaching?" Well, we would be much more free if we weren't constantly trying to shackle one another.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment