Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Tornado of Light and The Flaming Eagle

2/17/09: My Bedroom : Intercessory Prayer for King of Glory Church : 12-3 AM

Context:

Upon the Lord’s leading, I signed up for intercessory prayer for 12-3 AM for King of Glory Church. I chose this time because I felt it would be 1) A sacrifice 2) Allow God to speak and me not to over-analyze with my mind 3) A time when no one else would pick. I prayed during this time primarily going through a list of different prayers rooted in deliverance ministries. As I prayed, I got different images that came to my mind. Towards the end of my time with God, the images came together and formed a composite dream or vision – I can’t really tell since I was in between being awake and sleep.

Vision:

In my mind’s eye, I looked and I saw the image of a town on a dark night. I did not see any people in this dream, only houses in a town. It was not a city nor did I see any businesses in the dream. There were no stars lit in the sky. The houses looked more like a 2-dimensional drawing than 3 dimensional figures but I knew in my mind there was a 3-dimensional space. The houses looked black but several of them looked like they had lights on but not all of them. In the sky, I didn’t actually see clouds but I knew they were there.

All of a sudden, the clouds were moved back as a tornado ripped down through the sky and touched the ground. However, this was no ordinary tornado. This tornado was a tornado of light. There was a swirling of light all the way through and around the tornado. It was bright with gleams of gold, yellow, and orange swirling in it and around it. The tornado was spinning so fast that I could not make out if there were objects swirling around it but I imagine they were.

The most interesting thing about this tornado is what happened as it touched the houses of the town. Everywhere the tornado touched, it would turn to platinum. Specifically, I saw the houses focused in on as the tornado turned them to platinum. As soon as they turned to platinum, they beamed with a brilliant light and radiated and gleamed off one another.

Through the center of the tornado of light, the image of a heart descended. When the heart descended ¼ of the distance between the clouds and the earth, it burst into flames. The flames then took the form of an eagle on fire. To clarify, the eagle’s substance remained as fire; it did not turn into flesh and feathers. The eagle was also about the same size as the houses, only maybe slightly smaller.

Then the flaming eagle swooped down from the tornado and started passing through different houses in the town. It didn’t fly in through doors or windows. It passed through as I imagine an angel would pass through a wall. As the eagle passed through the houses, I heard the words “hidden places.” It was almost as if the role of the flaming eagle was to seek out the hidden places. In it’s talons of fire, it held dark spirits pulled out of the houses.

Possible Interpretation:

In the physical realm, the tornado is an image of the power and might of destruction. In this dream, the converse was true: the tornado represents the image of transformation and glorification. This is not just any transformation – it is the quickening whereby the body of Christ is being accelerated from glory to glory. I imagine I almost imagine the tornado coming down first upon King of Glory as an image that it will be the beacon of transformation to Asheville and the surrounding areas. I think the tornado also represents God replacing what Satan would use for evil that God would use for good.

The platinum represents the purest form of gold. The kingdom of heaven has streets of gold. So then, the refiners fire is instantly transforming the body of Christ. The transformation is a glorious one and it is happening in the blink of an eye. In the end times, scripture says that He will pour out His Spirit on all mankind.

As stated before, I think the heart of God is to seek out the hidden places. This is where the heart turned flaming eagle comes in. The flaming eagle represents the passionate heart of God to draw out the inner dark hidden places un-relinquished by man. The restoration is incomplete without the hidden places being dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment