Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Glory of the Woman

2/22/09

Scripture has some very wonderful and unique things to say about a woman. Today, I got some new insight into women that I had never seen before. This goes back to a conversation I had with Kim a few weeks back. I told her, "Kim you hold me to a higher standard." Basically, I was telling her that she raised the bar for me and thus, helps me come up to a higher level.

Well, this was confirmed to me yesterday in my reading. I was reading in Rick Joyner's book yesterday about marriages and the differences between man and woman. Rick says this of a woman: "She was different, and probably needed to be touched more in her soul and spirit before she could be fully convinced [that Adam was the counterpart for her]. God made women this way to call men to higher levels of experience."

He goes on by saying, "Women do tend to be more spiritually oriented, and often tend to be more emotional, because they tend to be more in touch with their spiritual senses." Rick Joyner then talks about how Eve is called to help Adam to encounter the higher realms of spirituality.

So, today, this image was completed. At our church, someone had mentioned the verse in 1 Corinthians 11:15 - "If a woman has long hair, it is her glory. For her hair is given to her for a covering." The woman's hair represents the glory of God. It represents that she is covered by the presence of the Spirit. The glory of God is all three: blessing, honor, and power.

Because the woman is covered by the Holy Spirit, this is why she is characterized as beautiful and mysterious. If the Holy Spirit represents the helper, and the woman was the helper of man, it is no wonder men need her so much. So, Kim, I want to thank you for calling me to the higher levels of experience. Thank you for helping me to see as I have never seen before. Thank you for showing me the true nature of the Spirit.

*Disclaimer: The contents of this message are to be prayed over and tested by prayer and scripture. The contents of any blogs written are my best understanding of any knowledge I obtain. The contents of this message may come from a variety of sources including, but not limited to: books I have read, words from God, words I have heard, memories, experiences, and my own imagination. It is my intention to share what knowledge I have gleaned from all available sources and "connect the dots" between those points of knowledge. God Bless!*

No comments:

Post a Comment