Monday, March 9, 2009

The Toolbelt of Deception

In an earlier blog, I wrote about Craftiness, which is the art of Deception. I write about deception as a secondary topic because deception is different from Craft. I thought about deception in a very interesting way the other day that I had never seen before.

In Ephesians 6, it talks about the girdle of truth being one of the components of the armor of God. In fact, it was the first piece of the armor mentioned. I don't know if that's relevant, but I believe it is. As I was thinking about this, I was also thinking about deception and it all came together in my mind:

IF THE GIRDLE OF TRUTH IS TO EQUIP THE SAINTS FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS, THEN THE TOOLBELT OF DECEPTION IS TO EQUIP THE ENEMY TO DESTROY

In the book The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis describes how an elder demon is teaching the younger demon the ways of darkness and temptation. In essence, the elder demon is equipping the younger demon to do evil works.

I could just see in my mind Satan congratulating each demon as he passed OPPRESSION SCHOOL. As they would pass, he would hand them a diploma and their very own toolbelt of deception. As they learn the darker things of Satan, they learn meaner and meaner tricks to deceive and destroy humanity.

Disclaimer: The contents of this message are to be prayed over and tested by prayer and scripture. The contents of any blogs written are my best understanding of any knowledge I obtain. The contents of this message may come from a variety of sources including, but not limited to: books I have read, words from God, words I have heard, memories, experiences, and my own imagination. I will do my best to give complete credit where it is due. It is my intention to share what knowledge I have gleaned from all available sources and "connect the dots" between those points of knowledge. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment