Monday, March 9, 2009

Frameworks: Craftiness

Kim and I got into a discussion the other day about craftiness, so I thought I would research it some and here is some interesting stuff. I had also read about it a little while back but it never hit home how big craftiness was until now.


THE CAUSE = CRAFTINESS

One of the most critical aspects about the Christian life is being aware of and guarding against craftiness. Someone who is crafty is someone who takes you in by their deception. In fact, Satan is the author of craftiness. He was the first rule-bender and breaker. It is also interesting to note that commentaries such as Eastmon's also attributes Craftiness to Jezebel, possibly alluding to craftiness being the basis for the JEZEBEL SPIRIT.

CRAFTY = SATAN'S FIRST ATTRIBUTE

VERSES:
Genesis 3:1 - "Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field..." NASU
Job 15:5 - "For your guilt teaches your mouth, And you choose the language of the crafty. NASU
2 Cor 12:16 - "...crafty fellow that I am, I took you in by deceit." NASU

IF CRAFTINESS IS THE ART OF DECEPTION, THEN OBEDIENCE IS THE ART OF TRUTH

ASPECTS OF CRAFTINESS:

Finding Brilliant Ways to bend the rules (Rick Joyner - Foundations)
Avoidance of Obedience (Rick Joyner - Foundations)
Seeks to bring discord and division (Rick Joyner - Foundations)
Skillful in Deception; cunning; sly (Dictionary)
Causes us to question truth and/or God's commands

COMBATTING CRAFTINESS:

VERSES TO COMBAT CRAFTINESS:

Rom 16:17-19

17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. 18 For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.
NASU

PRINCIPLES TO COMBAT CRAFTINESS:

Jesus came to fulfill the law (Rick Joyner - Foundations)
Look for ways to obey the rules not get around them
Be careful of those that seek to disrupt unity
Guard unity and fellowship (Rick Joyner - Foundations)
Be careful of those with flattering lips

ELIMINATING CRAFTINESS IN YOUR LIFE:

Confess and repent of seeking to get around obedience
Confess and repent of disrupting unity
Confess and repent of Flattery


Disclaimer: The contents of this message are to be prayed over and tested by prayer and scripture. The contents of any blogs written are my best understanding of any knowledge I obtain. The contents of this message may come from a variety of sources including, but not limited to: books I have read, words from God, words I have heard, memories, experiences, and my own imagination. I will do my best to give complete credit where it is due. It is my intention to share what knowledge I have gleaned from all available sources and "connect the dots" between those points of knowledge. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment