Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What can you do with a single puzzle piece?

Cool new stuff. God abounds. Sanctification is awesome and I think that God showed me something today that has helped me to see how to be less self-centered. Woot! Cuz you know, I wrote the book on being self-centered: Me, Myself, and Don't Forget Me. I digress.

1. So anyways, God gave me some new revelation on "perspective." In some respects, perspective is everything. First, lets look at the greater powers perspective. Satan's perspective of you is that you are less than dirt, worthless, disgusting, ugly, brought low, etc. God's perspective of you is that you are cherished, loved, beautiful, worthy, lifted up, celebrated, etc.

2. The question is, which do you feel like more on a daily basis? With hurts in the world and the lies of Satan, you may be looking more through Satan's perspective than Gods. That's a scary thing to think.

3. Ok, now for our perspective. If we look around us and we see through the eyes of worry, despair, depression, worldly fear, doubt, and anxiety, then Satan is accomplishing his plans. I would equate these to chaos. God's plan is order: confidence, hope, joy, Godly fear, faith, and contentedness.

4. Now, let's go back to creation. The Holy Spirit hovered over the earth. That means that God's order rests above worldly chaos. Think of it like levels:

(Spirit) Order: confidence, hope, joy, Godly fear, faith, contentedness

.... Rests Over the ....

(Earth) Chaos: worry, despair, depression, worldly fear, doubt, anxiety

5. Looking up from a worldly perspective allows you only to see dark chaos. This robs you of your inheritance in Christ and is Satan's plan to suppress you. Seeing from the top down allows you to see everything from God's perspective. So, since we are on the earth, we have to reach up through the chaos and take hold of the order of God.

6. Also, what do you think about when you hear the word calling? I have struggled a long time trying to "figure" out what "MY" calling is. Well, I was wrong about this - it is not about my calling... it is about "Kingdom Purposes."

7. If I took one piece of a puzzle and examined it thoroughly, and examined it for a long time, I would still not ever know what that puzzle piece was for. Only if I looked at that puzzle piece in light of all other puzzle pieces, I would be able to understand the puzzle piece's exact placement.

8. That's how calling is. When you can see from God's perspective, you can see your Kingly role, your puzzle piece, how important you are, it's all tied in. You can't do any of this if you are looking at yourself and what you think are your problems. Focus on "Thy Kingdom Come" and you will not be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment