Sunday, January 25, 2009

A New Theology

I got some new insight today (4 nuggets of insight) that totally rocked my theology. I got this from 2 sources: the bible and a new book I am reading called "50 Days For a Firm Foundation" (Rick Joyner) If you want to learn more about why Foundations are so important to me, read the blog "Building the Foundation."


So, check this out:


1. "The word gives you the inheritance." Acts 20:32 says: ...The word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. What's really cool about this verse is that the word (the bible) is the medium by which you receive your inheritance. It is what gives you your inheritance. How can you receive the inheritance of God without reading what all God has given to you? Secondly, the Word is what builds you... the Word literally builds you. I find that amazing.


2. Genesis 1:1... In the beginning God... Those four words are the foundation of everything. God leads the way, God is the source, God is the beginning. Everyone knows that but I got a bigger grasp of why that is so important. Rick Joyner says in his book that: The strength of a foundation will determine the magnitude of what can be built upon it. The depth to which we understand this one truth about our origin can determine the spiritual strength of our entire life.


3. How we begin our day will probably determine the quality of our day. So, if you begin your day with God, you can rest assured that the quality will be greater.


4. "We are co-laborors with Christ." Why is this so important? I used to think that I was doing everything for God and that God was doing work through me. Really, in actuality, I am not doing it alone. I can do it with God. Not only can I be filled with the Holy Spirit, but I can also work right next to Christ. So, for those of you who do not believe that healing can not happen, do not believe that Jesus healed in biblical times. Because, if Jesus healed then, he heals now. If I am praying right next to Christ, then He can show me right then and there that a healing can be performed because He is working right there next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment