Thursday, January 29, 2009

Raising the Spiritual Antennas

Original Date: 1/29/09

What is the purpose of an antenna? To detect, analyze, decode, and transmit a message of a signal.

1. That was the question and answer that came to my mind after a curious woman told me about a dream she had. She was flying all over the country and she told me that God wanted to show her something. Then, she started dreaming and she saw little antennas coming out from her head. She laughed and asked God what they were. God told her "I want you to raise your spiritual antennas."

2. Here's what was interesting. I was reading this morning in Rick Joyner's book, "50Days for a Firm Foundation" and he said something very similar - Paul had to have his eyes closed in the natural so that he could see in the spirit.

3. It struck me as unique because both I think it interesting that both images represented both seeing and hearing in the spirit.

4. God showed me something else today as well. In Matthew 9, scripture talks about how Jesus forgives a lame man of his sins. Afterwards, he heals the guy as well. What God showed me is that salvation and physical healing are the same thing. Walking a person through salvation is allowing Jesus to heal their spiritual being and healing is allowing Jesus to heal their physical body.

5. So, if we are so convinced in salvation, why are we not convinced in healing? In both situations, light is being turned on and darkness is destroyed, like turning on a light-bulb and the room illuminates. Physical sickness is simply a form of darkness that Christ wants to illuminate.

7. What God also showed me is that in the middle of this passage in Matthew 9, the pharisees say that Jesus blasphemes. Jesus says to them, "Why do you devise evil in your hearts?" That was a spiritual statement and not a natural statement. He had to have His spiritual antennas up to interpret the signal.

8. Lastly, think about the word focus. In science, I associate the word focus with a camera or a microscope. In either situation, you are magnifying what you are looking at. So then, for the spiritual realm, that which you focus on is that which you magnify. If you magnify darkness, you will make it bigger. If you magnify the light, you will make it bigger. Every human being is designed with the innate ability to magnify. The question is, what are you magnifying?

9. For my own personal life, when I magnify myself, then I don't allow any magnification for God. Not to mention that my righteousness is as filthy rags. So really, in actuality, I am magnifying filthy rags when I magnify myself.

10. I think the reason that there are not more healings are administered for one another today is that we have so overly magnified physical disease. Don't misunderstand me though, disease is a highly dreadful thing. However, think of it this way. When we were in our sins, all we have to do is help someone look at the light of Jesus and their sins are forgiven because the light switched is turned on. If you are ministering to the sick, help them look to the light with their physical body and not at the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment